27 February 2007

Bedtiming Tedium

Ahhh, bedtimes: crossing the paths of no pillows. I'm talking of the oft times you over-estimate your available evening hours. You do too much.

Perhaps, like me, you find yourself engrossed in a project in the early hours of evening, only to find out what seems like moments later is truly hours later and you have only a few short hours to rest your spinning/glazed/ready eyeballs before returning to the workmill once more.

Isn't it wrong to be at work and be able to say, "I went to bed six hours ago?" And Shaden being an hour away!

Oh, go on, you know you've been there before: geek by day, geek by night. You can't help it, there's a draw to the computer like a bugle to a boogie woogie boy. Like a sheep to a field of sweet, green peas. Like an apple to a... a pie. mmmm pie.

Just the thought of my nice comfy bed at this moment sends wonderful, relaxing, calming thoughts to the rest of my body, despite knowing that eight or nine hours of milling remains. And suddenly, counting sheep doesn't seem so out of place.

Wah wah wah. I know I know, suck it up princess.

All for the love of the database! My Febrewary moments draw near an end: I must squeeeeze the barley notes out as much as can be before Thursday's March... Oh-ho yes! I've accessed the master of art -- er, mastered the art of Access -- but still crave it's tabled depths to fill. Be thrilled my sleeping heart...

No comments: